There’s one thing that unites virtually every woman, no matter where she’s from or what kind of life she leads: the desire for flawless skin.
We all want to face the world free with confidence and grace, and having clear skin is one surefire way to enhance self-esteem. There are many beauty trends that can help us reach our skincare goals, but none are quite as effective as glass skin. Below we’ll be exploring this beauty phenomenon and sharing how you can take steps towards achieving it.
What Is Glass Skin?
Glass skin is a k-beauty term used to describe skin so flawless, smooth, and luminous, it resembles the translucence of glass. Many women dream of achieving glass skin. It has no visible pores, blemishes, its tone is completely even, and it radiates a healthy glow.
Although glass skin is considered a beauty trend by many, it’s actually a state of skin health that any skincare enthusiast will continually strive towards.
Why Prioritizing Skin Barrier Health Is Important
If you’re interested in obtaining glass skin, the first thing you’ll need to consider is your skin barrier. A healthy one will be your ticket to gorgeous glass skin.
Not sure exactly what we mean by skin barrier? It’s the technical name for the outermost layer of your skin. As its name suggests, the skin barrier serves as a shield for your skin’s inner layers. It protects the skin from environmental stressors, irritation, and inflammation, all while holding onto the moisture it needs to thrive.
At the same time, it’s also a mirror for your skin’s health. You’ll struggle to achieve clear glass skin if the barrier is damaged, which is why it makes sense to let it be the cornerstone of your skincare routine.
How To Keep Your Skin Barrier Healthy To Achieve Glass Skin
Achieving glass skin will require a holistic approach. While a consistent skincare routine is essential, you’ll also need to pay attention to external factors since the skin barrier is quite sensitive. Do your best to avoid or ease the blow of environmental stressors such as sun exposure, extreme weather, and pollution. Don’t worry - you can still enjoy the outdoors. Just make sure you’re taking extra precautions like wearing hats or sunglasses for protection.
You may also need to step up your skincare game. There are 5 key steps you’ll want to incorporate into your everyday routine:
- Double cleansing. Be sure you’re not missing any impurities by cleansing your face twice every morning and night. We recommend the Sapphire Revealing Cleanser, which deeply purifies the pores to keep your skin at its clearest.
- This helps balance the skin barrier’s pH levels while providing extra hydration.
- Consider this the ultra light, less-concentrated sibling of serum. Essence provides additional moisture while targeting specific skin issues like acne, redness, and hyperpigmentation. Our Olivine Replenishing Essence is specifically designed to repair the skin barrier while also boosting skin cellular energy to help you get one step closer to glass skin.
- These wonder products come with a higher concentration of active ingredients to really combat specific issues. Our prized Malachite Renewal Serum refines skin texture and tightens pores so you can unveil your smoothest, most radiant skin ever.
- Finally, lock in all the benefits of your previous steps with a lightweight yet ultra hydrating moisturizer. We love the Malachite Renewal Emulsion moisturizer for its multifunctional ability to rejuvenate, protect, and hydrate the skin all at the same time.
You can also supplement your routine with eye creams, face oils, face mists, weekly exfoliation, and/or face masks. Be sure to remember daily SPF (even on cloudy and cool days), and you’ll be on the path to glass skin in no time!